Clallam County Commissioner,
Focus. Vision. Partnerships. Leadership.
Your county government only works well when we are working together, which is why I prioritize building relationships and strengthening communication in all I do as County Commissioner.
We will need these strong relationships in the next few years if we are to be successful improving our ability to be resilient to emergencies, disasters and climate change; if we are to make gains in our housing crisis; if we hope to effectively combat the fentanyl overdose epidemic; and especially so that we ensure that every responsibility of county government – from roads, to elections, to land use policy, to water quality and public health, to public safety and law enforcement – is met in a responsible and sustainable fashion.
Areas of Focus
Leadership is key!
Providing and accessing needed behavioral health care can be a challenge – but creative programs show us the way forward.
As the Fentanyl crisis rages and individuals and communities alike struggle with the many lingering mental health impacts of the COVID pandemic it can be hard to feel hopeful. But reason for hope exists and as Commissioner I will continue to advocate for and fund programs like:
- Mental health support, SUD treatment and connections to wraparound services in the Clallam County jail
- Expanded harm reduction health care efforts
- Addition of facility with mental health beds to the Jamestown Healing Campus in Sequim
- More robust public health efforts through full implementation of foundational public health program
- Continued investment in creative behavioral health supportive programming and providers
I have championed new state legislation, just passed, that will improve access to care by requiring more stringent standards for managed care companies. I also work regularly with leadership at the Health Care Authority and other County Commissioners to discuss continual system improvement.
Contribute to my campaign
Thank you for investing in me and supporting my campaign.
I look forward to working on your behalf!
Make a secure contribution today.
* Campaign finance law requires us to collect your occupation and employer.
Questions, Comments, Endorsements
Send a message to Mark
Join our Campaign! Sign up to receive an occasional campaign newsletter and a free Elect Mark Ozias road sign!