It is with great enthusiasm and a humble heart that I reach out to you to ask for your financial support as I campaign for a second term of office as the Clallam County Commissioner for District 1.
We have seen much progress during my first term:
- improved morale and a collaborative spirit within the Courthouse;
- improved coordination between the local and regional drivers of economic development;
- a real focus on climate change in Clallam County;
- increased transparency in local government;
- more communication and planning between the County, Cities and Tribal governments;
- focus on maintaining local control within our behavioral health care system;
- even more intelligent budgeting and planning to ensure our county is ready for the future and not just reacting to it.
In my second term, I plan to ramp up our actions on climate change; increase focus on long-term solid waste planning, including exploring local opportunities to expand recycling; I will fight to build stability into our regional behavioral health system; I will continue to work with the other Commissioners to pursue and fund conservation efforts; and I will keep setting the responsible, respectful, collaborative tone that has transformed our county government.
To succeed in these efforts, I must conduct an assertive and strategic campaign. My opponent has very different priorities and views and has already come out swinging.
Time is ticking and we still have much to do. Your contribution today will help us reach members in our community with mailers, print and radio advertising, and maximizing our social media impact.
Your contribution by credit card in the Donate section at markozias.org, or made payable by check to “Committee to Elect Mark Ozias,” will give our campaign an incredible boost.
Whether your contribution is $25, the maximum of $900, or something in-between, it will help raise the funds needed to complete this campaign. I respectfully ask for your support to ensure continued progress and effective local government in Clallam County.
Don’t forget to spread the word, and exercise your right to vote! Thank you for your continued support and belief in me. I am honored to be your Commissioner!